Our focus is on strengthening the cosplay community, building bonds with the cosplayers we photograph, and ensuring that both we and the cosplayer find artistic fulfillment in every session we book. To this end, we will no longer be charging for any photo sessions booked during conventions.
However, there is a simple but critical “cost” that’s required. We ask that when you book a session with us, plan for your session to be a collaboration between us and you. This means that we will all come to your session with a vision, with ideas for locations, with poses in mind, etc. We feel that by taking part in the creative process your photos will come out more awesome, you’ll feel greater pride in the end product and your session with M-Squared Photography will be a more memorable time.
*Groups larger than 3 people may be declined due to convention location and/or time constraints. Inquiries for larger groups may be made by submitting a convention inquiry as usual or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experience has taught us (the hard way) that too many photo sessions during a convention are not only exhausting, but also prevent us from experiencing the convention atmosphere and catching up with all our wonderful friends. For this reason we will be limiting the number of booked photo sessions to a more manageable volume. Outside of our planned sessions we will certainly be looking to spend shorter time blocks working to capture all the awesome cosplays roaming the convention!
All session inquiries will be reviewed, but due to the limited number of available slots, preference will be given to cosplays that are of particular interest to the team, are of exceptional craftsmanship or include individuals with whom we have worked previously. Please understand that if your inquiry is declined that we mean no offense. We simply aim to ensure that our photo sessions are mutually fulfilling for everyone.
What You Can Expect From Us
- Photos from the set that meet our expectations of quality will be retouched, sized for social media use and posted for download. Note – due to the volume of photos taken, we are unable to fulfill requests for outtakes, additional unedited photos, etc.
- Photo session image counts will vary based on many, many factors. While we guarantee that the photos we finalize will be held to a high standard, we cannot guarantee just how many photos will come from your session.
- We will be on site at the prearranged meeting location at the time of your session. If we are unable to be there for ANY reason we will contact you as soon as possible to minimize inconvenience and attempt to reschedule your session.
- Your photos will be retouched and available for download in a timely fashion following the convention. We aim to deliver images within 3 weeks, though other schedule conflicts may delay this slightly.
What We Will Expect From You
- Attitude – We want you to have it and we hope you’ll flaunt it. You will look your best when you are energetic and get into the spirit of your character(s). Don’t be shy – we’re there to have fun and you are too!
- Poses – Although we will do basic research for the character, we will likely not know your cosplay as well as you do. Please take the time to learn and practice poses that are fitting for your character. Don’t forget to practice those facial expressions too!
- Props – Even characters without a special weapon can improve their session with minor props. Try to bring a small trinket or item that is fitting for your character in order to get more variety in your photos.
- Friends – We do not mind 1-2 of your friends being present for moral support or to assist you during your session. However, they are NOT permitted to take photos during the session and should minimize interruptions as much as possible.
If you are going to be a few minutes late, you should call/text us at the provided phone number. Your session duration will not extend past the original time. If you need to cancel your session, please let us know as soon as possible so that we may attempt to re-book the time slot. Know that cancellations without reasonable justification may affect future booking options.
Model Release / Legal Matters
A model release (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_release) describes how we (the photographer) and you (the client) may use the images from this photo shoot. The form will be provided for signing at the time of the session (to be made available online soon) and will be required prior to delivery of completed images. These forms will be secured by M-Squared Photography and will not be released or retrieved except in the event of a legal matter, which we do not expect to be a probable event.
Note that if you are under the age of 18, a parent/guardian must sign the model release. If they are not available at the time of the shoot, you may take the form with you and e-mail us a scanned .pdf of the signed form.