As we come to the end of a year full of fun, friends and experiences, we’d like to remember some of the lessons we’ve learned and to share some of our plans for 2013.
The 5 Biggest Lessons Learned of 2012
1. Overbooking is bad! While every photo session is an enjoyable experience, booking from morning ’til evening is exhausting and makes you miss out on the convention.
2. Communicating specific meet-up locations at larger conventions is critical. We regrettably missed a few photo sessions at Otakon due to us or our cosplayer going to the wrong place.
3. Do NOT forget to eat. We did it and we know some of you did too! Having regular meals and midday snacks goes a long way in preventing ‘con plague’ after the convention.
4. Double-check your convention packing list. Batteries, deodorant and water cost a FORTUNE in the hotel “convenience” store!
5. A good pair of broken-in shoes is a MUST. Even comfortable shoes that are brand new can kill your feet after a full day of con-going. Proper arch support will save your back from all kinds of pain!
The 3 Most Exciting Things to Come in 2013
1. The new and improved M-Squared Web Site – Launched on New Year’s Day, this will be our “main base” on the web. We have plans for some awesome in-between convention content too!
2. Professional Prints – We’re excited to begin offering professional quality, reasonably priced prints from our photo sessions, beginning with Katsucon 2013.
3. Expanded Convention Tour – This year we will be adding Anime USA to our schedule and we’re hoping to add Colossalcon as well.
Here’s to remembering a fantastic 2012 and welcoming an awesome 2013. We wholeheartedly thank all of you for supporting us and we hope to make the new year a great one!
How many of our top 5 lessons would be on your list too? Share your stories in the comments below!